Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2011

Transitions can be tough for everyone

I wanted to write so much. Actually i have tons of stories  to write and tells. My minds keep telling me..go ahead and write something but the mood just  isn't there. :(
But I got inspired today and lots of things had  changed  and it makes my heart moves to write.

We're  here in Singapore relocated again. It has been 4 months and we are still trying to settle down. We have no other  choice but to leave Texas after 3 years of living there. Saddest part is that we missed our small apartment, memories with my small group of  friends and the kids school and their teachers. I really missed the school since i 'd been involved in kids school and their activities most of my time. I am thrilled!  Volunteering as a classroom mom is a fun thing to do and my kids are really happy whenever they see me around. And frankly i missed shopping! Gee...i' m not  a shopaholics! But what can't u  get in USA???  You can get everything under the sun. Even if we missed to have an authentic asian dinner tonight, the asian markets are almost everywhere where we lived. Just go and grab the stuffs you need. I was surprised at first when we came. The asian market there carries asam jawa,tempe', pandanus leaves, petai and other food stuffs from Malaysia. I learn to be creative when cooking with what we could find there. I could at least satisfy some of my 'cravingness' for Malaysian food. 

We are lucky that there are Halal restaurant in Dallas FW areas. Checking out the halal zabihah website and you can choose whether to go Thai's, Chinese, Lebanese or Turkish and many more. Our favorite would be an Iranian restaurant, Villa Grill, the kebabs there are to die for. My husband really likes the burger there, it is a homemade burger and easily beats out MCD Big Mac. I guaranteed :). And not miss out the Lion City Cafe in Plano and Secret Recipe Restaurant in Carrollton. The food there was mouthwatering and we really like the nasi lemak and kuey teow goreng. Secret recipe is the only place we could find a teh tarik... not that it can beats the mamak stall back home but at least it is something. The kids learn to drink Milo there as they have these Milo Dinasour (which must be coming from Singapore as we could find it here too). And if we have a craving for some KFC, we would go to a church chicken in Carrollton where they carry a Crunchy Spicy Fried Chicken and note that it is halal.. just that you have to call them 30-45 minutes in advance.

I was once at ledia's house for a get together and mkn2 ( dinner ).. she is one of my  best buddy in USA. Her husband is a lebanese-american. She benefited from her cultural marriage and cooked  the best home made lebanese food. Was i surprised! Ledia, maybe i forgot to tell u this. But that dinner was awesome! It really tastes like those in the restaurant but you made it yourselves. 

 Now i'm back to my roots in Asia. Closer to our home, Malaysia. Singapore ..Singapore ..am i happy to be here?? Right now we're still  adjusting to our new place. Generally i've set my goal to have  fun, meet  new friends, trying  out new foods and upgrades myself to the next level as a trailing expat's wife! That is what i called myself now.  Argh..it's just not easy!  But i  will take full advantage of the opportunities that coming~

 Panoramic~  Kids with their Asu ( my youngest sister )  at Marina Bay , S'pore

No comments:

Post a Comment